Drs Remedy Nail Care
We’ve made a swap! Our salon nail choices have tended to be centred around gel if we’re honest. In the very early days we used Jessica, then moved to OPI and finally made the jump to The Gel Bottle (never looking back!) Polish, we’ve tended to swap about with a little less focus. The truth is that our Polish clients have tended to be far far fewer than gel clients and we’ve always been happy with what we’ve had in stock.
However, it can be better and when one of our salon owners had a gel break it felt like a good time to focus on what’s out there. With an autoimmune disease, existing toe nail probs partly down to medication, particularly just down to the illness itself, the research deepened. Visiting a super star local podiatrist in the nearby town of Guisborough helped this, time during Lockdown provided time to step back and reassess the brands we use...Lots and lots of time! Our clients should be experiencing the best products and we feel more comfortable with Dr Remedy, it’s ingredients and that little bit extra TLC it offers; plus there are loads of options for retail so great if you’re heading on holiday or just want to top up your colour at home.
Dr.’s Remedy is one of the first doctor-formulated nail collections that not only promised luxe polish colours that were 10-free and cruelty-free, but also addressed real concerns. The brainchild of two New York-based podiatrists, Dr. Adam Cirlincione and Dr. William Spielfogel, Dr.’s Remedy Enriched Nail Care stands apart for its wellness-inspired approach to recognising and maintaining strong, healthy nails—sans harmful chemicals.
- Those with yellow, discoloured nails and dry, brittle nails
- Pregnant women wanting to avoid harsh chemicals.
- Children who wish to limit exposure to formaldehyde and anyone with strong healthy nails who want to keep them that way!
- Can be used in conjunction with topical fungus medications or nail fungus products and will not make the condition worse, unlike most nail polishes
With over 40 shades, as well as innovative treatment products, Dr Remedy is known for its lasting color while tackling everyday issues like dryness, discoloration and nail fungus. Their blend includes biotin, tea-tree oil, garlic bulb extract, lavender, wheat protein and antioxidant vitamins, to pamper nails, look fab but also take an incredibly holistic approach to the nail itself.
- Tea Tree Oil: a potent essential oil known for its exceptional antiseptic and antifungal qualities.
- Garlic Bulb Extract: a powerful antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral agent that works synergistically with Vitamin C to help kill harmful germs.
- Vitamins C & E: nourishing antioxidants, known to help strengthen both skin and nails.
- Wheat Protein: a vegetable derived, high quality protein with stellar moisture-binding capabilities that helps to naturally boost your nail’s natural shine.
We started off with hydrating treatment, a simple clear polish packed with goodness, a natural nail conditioner with Biotin & Pentavitin. Biotin part of the complex of B vitamins, improves nail strength and durability. Pentavitin helps to deliver and retain moisture.
As a nail biter, it’s handy to put a colour on. Something about having colour on slightly turns my brain off biting, strange I know! Rather than off for a base, I substituted the hydrating treatment as a base, added colour and top coat. Instructions say to use once a week with polish change and for best results use alone for first few weeks, apply twice a week. I did do this first, left the colour out and focused on trying to strengthen my nails (they’re very soft).
The ethical lowdown; Dr.’s Remedy is a 100% vegan polish - not tested on animals. Dr.’s Remedy is also enriched with organic ingredients.
Dr.’s REMEDY is a nail polish not a medicine, so you would use this polish in conjunction with any specific nail treatment medications you are using. We’re converted, we’re sure you will be too!